When you decide to build a new luxury home, designing the home is the top priority. Your builder will discuss your needs and wishes up front to understand your budget and how you want the home to look and feel.
At Nikal we often work with Architects to help create a design and plan for a new home.
How does the Architect Work With Us?
Your architect will guide you through the design stages and assist in obtaining approvals if you are:
- Intending to design and build your ideal new home.
- Already a home owner seeking to renovate your existing home to improve quality of life in your home space.
- A business owner seeking to build or extend an office / bar / restaurant / shop / warehouse.
- Seeking to build or renovate a home or unit development as a lucrative investment opportunity.
- With their expertise in the industry, they will guide you to bring your ideas to fruition as efficiently as possible by offering:
- Practical and functional design concepts.
- Stylish design principles that do not lose sight of cost effectiveness.
- Professional, industry aware advice on obtaining approvals and gathering the necessary documentation
Upon completion of your design and architectural plans we can direct you to local builders, engineering firms, certification companies and town planning offices to get you to your goal.
Working With The Builder
The Architect will follow these steps with your Builder:
- The delivery of documentation that is prompt, concise, accommodating and simple in relation to your needs as a builder.
- A service that avoids unnecessary and exorbitant practices to allow your budget and the client’s budget to be allocated practically.
- A direct and honest resource to help you achieve the best decision for your business and for your client’s end result.
A typical set of architectural plans we provide include (but, are not limited to):
- Cover page with artist impression etc.
- Site Plan
- Floor Plans
- Section Views
- Slab or Subfloor layout plan
- Electrical Plan
- Floor Covering layout plan (with floor areas)
- Window & Door Schedule
- Materials schedule (for new buildings)
- Framing Set-out plan (for new buildings)
- Driveway Section as necessary
- General Notes
- Standard Details
- We can also provide 3D photorealistic rendering and internal wet area and kitchen elevations as an additional service to the architectural plans.
How to Choose an Architect
When looking to choose an Architect, it’s important to research their business and work previously done.
You can start by visiting their website to check they are licensed with the Architects Accreditation Council of Australia. Then view their portfolio of work on the website or social media accounts such as Instagram to see if you like what they have produced.
Always stay in touch with your builder during this process to ensure they are also in contact with the Architect and the plans and designs are in line with their construction plans.
Forming a strong relationship with your Builder and Architect will ensure that the home of your dreams is created within budget and to your preferences.
For more information, contact us today.